Strathalbyn Church of Christ is a part of the Churches of Christ in South Australia and Northern Territory.
Here at Strathalbyn Church of Christ we have the privilege and responsibility of teaching how to have a personal relationship with God. We teach that a healthy Christian is someone who practices the central disciplines that are taught in the Bible. We believe that Christians should gather together in community with other Christians on a regular basis. And we believe that this community life includes worshipping God, studying the Bible, serving one another, building meaningful relationships, and sharing our faith with others.
- That Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God, who died for our sins and rose from the dead. 1 Corinthians 15:1-8 / John 3:16
- That the Bible is the inspired Word of God — a lamp to our feet and a light to our path. 2 Timothy 3:16 / Psalm 119:105
- That every person has worth, as a creation of God, but that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23
- That forgiveness of sins & the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Christ as their Saviour & Lord. John 3:16
- That those accepting Christ should repent of sin, confess their faith, and be baptised into Him. Romans 10:9 / Acts 2:38
- Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread and a cup symbolising his body and shed blood, saying to his disciples to continue to remember his death & resurrection in this way. This we do each Sunday morning and is called Communion or The Lord’s Supper. 1 Corinthians 11:23-26
- That the Church is the body of Christ on earth, is empowered by the Holy Spirit, and exists to proclaim this good news to the lost and build up the saved. Ephesians 4:1-6
- That Jesus Christ will one day return to earth and reign forever as King of Kings, and Lord of Lords. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
This is not an exhaustive list, but we hope it helps give you an idea of what we believe to be core values for a person who has accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior.